1. What type of stories does J.T. Edson specialise in?
2. What book contains the line ?It is a far, far better thing I do now than I have ever done??
3. Who wrote the 1937 novelette ?Of Mice and Men??
4. Who wrote ?Under Milkwood??
5. What letter begins the fewest words in the English language?
6. What Anthony Shaffer play opens in the living room of Andrew Wyke?s Norman manor house?
7. Who wrote the wistful line ?Oh to be in England now that April?s here ....??
8. What is Juliet?s last name?
9. Whose second book, published in 1965, was titled ?A Spaniard in the Works??
10. What word is used in Hawaii as both a greeting and a farewell?
11. Who wrote the Biggles stories?
12. In which dickens novel did the character Mrs Jellby appear?
13. Which English author's real name was Mary Anne Evans?
14. Who are Homily, Pod and Arietty?
15. Who are Peter, Phylis and Roberta?
16. Who created the spyhunter George Smiley?
17. Who wrote the lines: 'Beauty is truth, truth beauty'?
18. Who is the hero of 'The Thirty-Nine Steps'?
19. What was the name of the magazine founded by Robert Ripley?
20. What name appears either side of the word Klapke?
21. Which French Writer and Dramatist Was Noted for His Long Nose and for Fighting Duels?
22. In Cockney Rhyming Slang What Does 'Pen and Ink' Mean?
23. Complete This Line by Shakespeare, Friends, Romans, Countrymen...?
24. Which Television Guide Was 75 Years Old in 1998?
25. If You Were Said to Be 'Wet Behind the Ears', What Would It Mean?
26. Name the Four Sections of an Orchestra?
27. Which Surrealist Artist Created the Lobster Telephone, Owned by the Tate Gallery?
28. What Is the Name of the Family That Paddington Bear lived with?
29. John Ridd is the male lead in which book with a girl's name as its title?
30. Who wrote the stories about a schoolboy named William Brown?
2. A tale Of two Cities
3. John Steinbeck
4. Dylan Thomas
7. Robert Browning
9. John Lennon
11. Capt WE Johns
12. Bleak House
13. George Eliott
14. The Borrowers
15. The Railway Children
16. John Le Carre
17. John Keats
18. Richard Hannay
19. Believe it or not
20. Jerome (Jerome K Jerome)
21. Cyrano De Bergerac
23. Lend Me Your Ears
24. Radio Times
25. Lacking in Experience
26. Brass, Percussion, Strings and Woodwind
27. Salvador Dali
29. Lorna Doone
30. Richmal Crompton