Art and Literature Quiz 9
The following quiz round was kindly donated by Marc Jenner. Thanks again Marc, much appreciated
1. Which French artist, born in 1834 was best known for his paintings of ballet dancers?
2. Who wrote the novel Revolutionary Road, which was made into a successful feature film in 2008?
3. Who wrote The Prince, a famous work that redefined the beliefs of cynicism in the Italian Renaissance?
4. Which famous British artist had himself tied to the mast of a ship so that he could paint a storm?
5. Hamlet was the Prince of which country?
6. Which British prime minister was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature?
7. Which artist is famous for his statue The Thinker?
8. What is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852?
9. Les Demoiselles d'Avignon, Weeping Woman and Guernica are famous paintings by which modern artist?
10. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn were written by American author Samuel Langhorne Clemens. By what name is he better known as?
1. Edgar Degas
2. Richard Yates
3. Niccolo Machiavelli
4. J.M.W Turner
6. Winston Churchill
7. Auguste Rodin
8. Uncle Tom's Cabin
9. Pablo Picasso
10. Mark Twain