Pauls Art & Literature Quiz 1
1. Pennywise is no laughing matter in which novel?
2. One of the most expensive paintings in the world is titled 'No. 5, 1948'. Who painted it?
3. According to Sir Thomas Malory's 'Le Morte D'Arthur', what did Lancelot become after renouncing his Knighthood?
4. Before becoming King, in which book was young Arthur known as 'Wart'?
5. Which Irish author wrote the World War II books 'The Longest Day' and 'A Bridge Too Far'?
6. Which world famous work of art, found today in the Louvre, was discovered by accident in 1820, buried in a farmers field?
7. Give the first name for each of the following famous painters. One point for each correct answer. a. Haring, b. Botticelli, c. Goya, d. Chagall, e. Holbein the Younger or Older
8. Lady de Winter is a villainess in which famous novel?
9. What is the name of Sherlock Holmes older brother?
10. Which Australian born novelist, known for his 'Asian Saga' series of novels, wrote the screenplays for 'The Great Escape' and 'To Sir, With Love'?
1. It (The dancing clown in Stephen King's novel)
2. Jackson Pollock
3. A priest
4. The Once and Future King
5. Cornelius Ryan
6. The Venus de Milo
7. Five answers: a. Keith, b. Sandro, c. Francisco, d. Marc, e. Hans
8. The Three Musketeers
10. James Clavell