The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Catherine Howard was confined to the tower of London today in 1542, awaiting execution, which of Henry VIII?s wives was she?
2. Nicknamed Shnozzola, which legendary American funnyman and actor was born today in 1893?
3. Alex Haley died today in 1992, but what was the name of his epic book detailing the struggle of his African American family, right back to the slave trade?
4. Who did Queen Victoria marry on this day in 1840?
5. 53 today (2008), what is golfer Greg Norman?s nickname?
6. Musician Larry Adler was born today in 1914, with which instrument do we associate him?
7. Death of a Salesman, by Arthur Miller premiered in New York today in 1949, but who did he marry in 1956?
8. How many gold medals did birthday boy Mark Spitz win at the 1972 Olympic games?
9. Who did James ?Buster? Douglas knock out to win the world heavyweight championship today in 1990?
10. How old is Robert Wagner today (2008)?
2. Jimmy Durante
4. Prince Albert
5. Great White Shark
7. Marilyn Monroe
9. Mike Tyson