10th January Quiz
The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Who lead his army across the river Rubicon on this day in 49BC, thereby starting the first Roman Civil War?
2. Which politician has a day dedicated to them in the Falklands on 10th January every year?
3. Birthday boy Donald Fagen founded which band along with Walter Becker in 1971?
4. Who was divorced from Emperor Napoleon on this day in 1810?
5. Known as ?The Nabob of Sob? which American singer was born today in 1927?
6. 59 today (2008), in which year did George Forman win Olympic heavyweight boxing gold?
7. Tintin made his debut on this day in 1929, but what nationality was his creator Herg??
8. Born today in 1908, who played M in the first 11Bond movies?
9. William Frederick Cody died today in 1917, by what nickname do we usually know him?
10. How old is Rod Stewart today (2008)?
1. Julius Caesar
2. Margaret Thatcher
3. Steely Dan
5. Johnny Ray
8. Bernard Lee
9. Buffalo Bill