The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Alexander Selkirk was rescued from a desert island on this day in 1709, inspiring which classic story?
2. Born today in 1650, who was the mistress of Charles II?
3. Actor William Henry Pratt died on this day in 1969, by what stage name was he known?
4. 63 today (2007), Geoffrey Hughes played Onslow in which long running TV sitcom?
5. Who dissolved the German Parliament on this day in 1933?
6. The author of Guns of Navarone and Where eagles dare passed away today in 1987, who was he?
7. Born today in 1944, who was actress Farrah Fawcett married to for 9 years during the seventies?
8. The first lie-detector was tested today in 1935, but what is the proper name for the machine they use?
9. Which country finally withdrew its troops from Afghanistan on this day in 1989?
10. How old is David Jason today (2007)?
1. Robinson Crusoe
2. Nell Gwynne
3. Boris Karloff
4. Keeping Up Appearances
6. Alistair MacLean
7. Lee Majors
9. Soviet Union