2nd April Quiz
1) Born on this day 1805 the author of the Ugly Duckling, Hans Christian Anderson, what nationality was he?
2) Born on this day 1840 the writer Emile Zola, for what London team did Gianfranco Zola play?
3) Born on this day 1914 The actor Alec de Cuffe, how is he better known?
4) Born on this day 1940, the actress who starred in To The manor Born and The Good life, who?
5) Died on this day 1872, the US inventor of the telegraph, what was his surname?
6) Died on this day 1974, which ex president of France?
7) On this day 1792, the US mint was established in the then capital of the US, what was it?
8) On this day in On this day
9) On this day 1939, which war officially ended?
10) On this day 1873, after 14 years, what were fitted for the first time in the first class carriages of trains
3) Alec Guinness
4) Penelope Keith
9) Spanish Civil War