1) Born on this day 1859, French army officer Alfred Dreyfus, to which island was he sent for treason?
2) Born on this day 1931 David John Moore Cornwell, how is he better known?
3) Born on this day 1940 the actor who played the title role in The Singing Detective, who?
4) Died on this day 1937 Ernest Rutherford the founder of modern atomic theory, in which country was he born?
5) Died on this day 1987 which British cellist from Multiple Sclerosis?
6) On this day 1781, which famous war ended?
7) On this day 1958 Mike Hawthorn became world motor racing champion driving for which team?
8) On this day 1970 oil was first found where?
9) On this day in which year did we have Black Monday on Wall Street?
10) On this day in which year did the Guilford Four have their convictions quashed?
1) Devils Island
2) John Le Carre
3) Michael Gambon
4) New Zealand
5) Jacqueline du Pre
6) American war of Independence
8) North Sea