Christmas Quiz 14
1. The kind and generous 4th century bishop St: Nicholas lived in a part of the world which is now what country?
2. The name of which of The Three Wise Men or Three Kings starts with the letter 'C'?
3. What is the English equivalent of a Norwegian 'Julekaka'?
4. In the Pogues Christmas song 'Fairy Tale of New York', which choir "are singing Galway Bay"?
5. True or False. You can go ice skating on the Eiffel Tower during the Christmas holidays.
6. Frankincense and Myrrh are both obtained from what? (first letter 'R')
7. In which film with a festive theme does Billy Bob Thornton play the US President?
8. Which Renaissance painters were the Christmas hit amongst children in 1990?
9. The 'Christmas Eve Flower', or poinsettia, is native to which country? a. Brazil b. India c. China d. Mexico
10. Which event on Christmas Eve 1968 was, at the time, the most watched broadcast ever in the history of television?
3. Christmas cake
4. "the boys from the NYPD choir are singing Galway Bay"
7. Love Actually
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo)
9. d. Mexico
10. Apollo 8 orbiting the moon