The following quiz round was kindly donated by Robin Seath from the UK. Many thanks Robin, a fantastic set of questions.
1. Which animal has been responsible for more human deaths than any other?
2. How many property squares are there on a Monopoly board?
3. Which magician was married to Victoria Wood?
4. Which number cannot be expressed in Roman figures?
5. How many tarot cards are there?
6. How many feet are there in a fathom?
7. Who wrote ?Paradise Lost??
8. With what was Trotsky butchered?
9. Bartholomew and Wiseman are better known as whom?
10. A quarter of the bones in the human body are located in which area?
11. How high is a basketball net from the floor?
12. With which sport would you associate David Broome?
13. When do all racehorses have their birthday?
14. Which 400 metres hurdler went 122 races unbeaten between from 1977-1987?
15. What is the highest fence in the Grand National?
16. Who was the first black footballer to appear for England in a full football international?
17. At which sport do England and Scotland compete for the Calcutta Cup?
18. How many players from each team are allowed on the ice at the same time in a game of ice hockey?
19. Which British athlete won the women?s pentathlon at the 1972 Olympics?
20. What nationality was the tennis player Ilie Nastase?
21. Which Spice Girl recorded a duet with Bryan Adams?
22. In which year was the Woodstock festival?
23. Which cartoon group were formed by Damon Albarn?
24. ?Since You?ve Been Gone? was a 1979 hit for which band?
25. What does OMD stand for?
26. What nationality was Helen Reddy?
27. Which Monkee started off his working life as a jockey?
28. Who was the lead singer of Free?
29. What were the names of the twins in Bros?
30. Who was the lead singer of the Electric Light Orchestra?
31. Who became King of England in 1422 at the age of eight months?
32. What were parliamentary followers known as during the English Civil War?
33. Who was King of England at the time of the Gunpowder Plot?
34. Edgehill was the opening battle in which war?
35. Which Shakespeare play was said to have been written at the request of Elizabeth I?
36. Which battle on British soil took place on the 9th September 1513?
37. In which year was the Queen Mother born?
38. Which Argentinean cruiser was controversially sunk by British forces during the Falklands conflict?
39. Who committed the murders of 10 Rillington Place in the 1950?s?
40. Who was the British Prime Minister at the outbreak of the first world war?
2. Twenty Two
3. Geoffrey Durham, The Great Soprendo
7. John Milton
8. An Ice Pick
9. Eric Morecambe & Ernie Wise
11. 10 feet
12. Show Jumping
13. January 1st
14. Ed Moses
15. The Chair
16. Viv Anderson
17. Rugby Union
19. Mary Peters
21. Mel C (Sporty)
23. The Gorillaz
25. Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
27. Davy Jones
28. Paul Rodgers
29. Matt & Luke Goss
30. Jeff Lynne
31. Henry VI
33. James I
34. English Civil War
35. The Merry Wives of Windsor
38. The General Belgrano
39. John Christie
40. Herbert Asquith