1. According to the first ever clerihew, who was it that abominated gravy and lived in the odium of having discovered sodium?
2. Which artist painted Guernica after the attack on that city during the Spanish Civil War?
3. In which decade of the 20th century were Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and John F. Kennedy all assassinated?
4. Who was Chancellor of the Exchequer when Britain was forced to withdraw the pound from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism on Black Wednesday?
5. Which term, beginning with the letter 'i' is used to denote illness brought about by medical treatment?
6. If you ordered calamari at a restaurant, what precisely will you be served?
7. Which 1950s hit by The Coasters begins: Take out the papers and the trash, Or you don't get no spendin' cash??
8. Bordering Bolivia and Peru, what is the highest commercially navigable lake in the world?
9. As per the R. L. Stevenson novel, what are the first names of Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde?
10. Which award-winning musician was born Ellas Otha Bates and had a nickname of The Originator?
11. Which 2006 film directed by Clint Eastwood was originally entitled Red Sun, Black Sand?
12. The Nikkei 225 is an index of share prices for the stock exchange of which country?
13. Add together the first 4 prime numbers and then subtract the 7th prime number from the total. What is the result?
14. Which Latin expression meaning ?Where are you going?? was the title of a 1951 film featuring Peter Ustinov and Deborah Kerr?
15. Which comic strip character and Pilot of the Future was created by Frank Hampson in 1950 for Eagle?
16. What name for an Australian cockatoo is also an Australian slang term for a fool?
17. Who won the only medal for Great Britain at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, a silver in the women's skeleton event?
18. In The Addams Family, Pugsley's pet octopus was given the same name as which Greek philosopher?
19. Bibendum is the name given to the official symbol of which organization?
20. In the standard ebay logo, which letter, coloured green, is the only one to be capitalized?
21. Which long-running B.B.C. TV programme famously showed footage of spaghetti trees on April Fools' Day in 1957?
22. Which Tory politician earned the nickname Milk snatcher in the early 1970s as a result of that person's plan to end free school milk for children over the age of 7?
23. On the 19th of November, 1863, who delivered a famous speech, starting with the words, ?Four score and seven years ago??
24. Which book of the Old Testament has the same title as that of a 1977 album by Bob Marley and the Wailers, voted Best Music album of the 20th century by TIME magazine in 1998?
25. Which entertainer's name would you associate with ?The Joan Collins Fan Club? and ?Fanny the Wonderdog??
26. Which American humorist and newspaper columnist, who filed a lawsuit against Paramount Pictures in 1990, died on January 17, 2007?
27. Which German kayaker, who has won 8 gold medals over 6 different Olympic games, is the most successful Olympic canoeist of all time?
28. Which Carry On film features the organization known as STENCH, the Society for the Total Extinction of Non-Conforming Humans?
29. Which British entertainer frequently appeared on television in the 1980s with his puppet, Spit the Dog?
30. Which top flight football club was founded in 1878 as Santo Domingo F.C.?
31. Which 1965 film, starring William Shatner, was the second film ever to be produced entirely in Esperanto?
32. The Battle of the Little Bighorn took place in 1876 in which U.S. state?
33. Which stately home in Derbyshire is the seat of the Curzon family?
34. A drug described as cholagogue stimulates the discharge of which bodily fluid?
35. The 3rd Foot and Mouth regiment features prominently in which Carry on film of the 1960s?
1. Sir Humphrey Davy
2. Pablo Picasso
4. Norman Lamont
7. Yakety Yak
8. Lake Titicaca
9. Henry and Edward
10. Bo Diddley
11. Letters from Iwo Jima
13. -2 (thanks to Eddi for correcting a previously wrong answer)
14. Quo Vadis
15. Dan Dare
17. Shelley Rudman
22. Margaret Thatcher
23. Abraham Lincoln
25. Julian Clary
26. Art Buchwald
27. Birgit Fischer
28. Carry On Spying
29. Bob Carolgees
33. Kedleston Hall
35. Carry On Up The Khyber