1. What is the common name for Japanese horseradish?
2. What is a 'kylie' in Australia?
a. A boomerang that won't come back b. A female crocodile c. A hen night d. A surf board
3. The Daiquiri cocktail was named after a village on which island country?
4. Only one man has won more PGA titles than Tiger Woods. Can you name him?
5. The name of which American rock band was also the term used by Allied pilots in WW II to describe UFO's?
6. In film. who has played characters named John Smith, Aldo Raine, Tyler Durden and Rusty Ryan?
7. In which hit song would you find the despicable 'Gatlin boys'?
8. What is the sum of Charles, Williams and Henrys that have been King of England?
9. Which colour of blue has been named after a mecca for surfers in Australia?
10. The following are the last words to number one UK hit songs from the year 1980. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. I'm gonna be your number one
b. Let's take a chance and fly away somewhere
c. I gotta have some of your attention give it to me
d. Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you
11. What is the name of the popular North African condiment or hot sauce consisting of piri piri chilis, garlic, olive oil and various spices? 7 letters
12. What nickname did the press give to each of the following 'Public Enemies'?
a. Kate Barker
b. George Kelly
c. Charles Arthur Floyd
d. George Nelson
13. In Greek Mythology, after being spurned by Narcissus, which heart-broken nymph pined away until only her voice remained?
14. According to the World Meteorological Organisation the hottest capital city in the world (average yearly temperature) is known in the native language as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon. We know it better as what?
15. Which word (or warning) meaning 'unstable' stems from the Latin for "to fly"?
16. Which country's capital city is an anagram of its seventh largest city (also its former capital city)?
17. Which city has sporting teams named the Lions, Tigers and Red Wings?
18. "J'veux ton amour, Et je veux ton revenge, J'veux ton amour, I don't wanna be friends". Name the song.
19. Which hero's arch enemy is Dr. Robotnik?
20. Which movie had the following taglines: "Five good reasons to stay single." and "He's quite engaging. She's otherwise engaged."?
2. a. A boomerang that won't come back
4. Sam Snead (82)
5. Foo Fighters
6. Brad Pitt (John Smith [Mr. & Mrs. Smith], Aldo Raine [Inglourious Basterds], Tyler Durden [Fight Club] and Rusty Ryan [Oceans 11, 12, 13])
7. Coward Of The County (Kenny Rogers)
8. 2 + 4 + 8 = 14
9. Bondi blue
10. Four answers
a. The Tide Is High (Blondie)
b. (Just Like) Starting Over (John Lennon)
c. Brass In Pocket (Pretenders)
d. Super Trouper (ABBA)
12. Four answers
a. 'Ma' Barker
b. 'Machine gun' Kelly
c. 'Pretty boy' Floyd
d. 'Baby face' Nelson
15. Volatile (volatilis)
16. Japan (Tokyo // Kyoto)
18. Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)
19. Sonic the Hedgehog
20. Four weddings and a funeral