The following quiz round was submitted by Mike Parker from the UK.
Monday night is quiz night at The Cavalier, 67 Russell Lane, London N20 0BB.
Many thanks again Mike, another great connections round!
1. What was the name of the author of 1984 and Animal Farm who wrote under the pseudonym of George Orwell?
2. Which Jubilee line Underground station lies between North Greenwich and West Ham?
3. Who was the longest serving of the original Radio One DJ?s, broadcasting from 1967 until his death in 2004?
4. Which tourist attraction in Bodelva, near St Austell, in Cornwall opened to the public in May 2000?
5. Johnny Briggs played which character in Coronation Street from 1976 to 2006?
6. In the British Army what rank comes between a Captain and a Lieutenant-Colonel?
7. Covering 792 acres, what is London?s highest open space?
8. Which sports equipment company supplies Roger Federer?s racquets and Padraig Harrington?s clubs?
9. Who is the author of the best-selling novel the ?Da Vinci Code??
10. And the connection is?
1. Eric Arthur Blair (Tony Blair 1997-2007)
2. Canning Town (George Canning 1827 - 1827)
3. John Peel (Sir Robert Peel 1834-1835 And 1841-1846)
4. The Eden Project (Sir Anthony Eden 1955-1957)
5. Mike Baldwin (Stanley Baldwin 1923, 1924-1929 And 1935-1937)
6. Major (John Major (1990-1997)
7. Hampstead Heath (Edward Heath 1970-1974)
8. Wilson (Harold Wilson (1964-1970 And 1974-1976)
9. Dan Brown (Gordon Brown 2007-)
10. All Have Been British Prime Ministers