1. The vast majority of so called 'Trappist beers'; beer brewed in a monastery by monks, are made in which country?
2. The name for which fruit stems from a native Central American word for 'testicle'?
3. Introduced in 1929 and still popular today, which carbonated beverage contained the mood stabilizing drug lithium until 1950?
4. What would be on your plate if you ordered Abalone in a restaurant?
5. The name for which famous battle and test of endurance means 'fennel' (the herb) when translated?
6. The combination of star anise, cloves, fennel, cinnamon and Sichuan pepper is commonly known as what?
7. Other than nutmeg, which other spice is obtained from the nutmeg tree?
8. The name for which Indian curry dish prepared with pulses stems from the Sanskrit word meaning 'to split'?
9. Which hot trademark or brandname is closely associated with the McIlhenny Company?
10. What is the name of the Middle Eastern dip or spread usually made with chickpeas, sesame paste, garlic, lemon juice and salt?
11. With one word, complete the following quote from Charles De Gaulle: "How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of ........"
12. What is the main ingredient in Tahini?
3. 7 Up
4. Sea snails
6. Five spice powder (Chinese 5 spice powder)
8. Dal (Dhal, Daal, Dahl)
9. Tabasco (Tabasco sauce)