1. Which film was based on John Wyndham's 1957 science fiction novel 'The Midwich Cuckoos'?
2. Which popular film song begins with the words "Now I'm the king of the swingers"?
3. Which superlative is associated with the 'Tsar Bomba'?
4. Which popular name for a pet dog is the Latin word for 'faithful one'?
5. Name the 1972 UK film in which the entire male cast were nominated for the Best Actor Oscar, an Academy Award first.
6. What are the three most populated islands in the Mediterranean? One point for each correct answer.
7. Which two US cities are mentioned in the Rolling Stones song 'Honky Tonk Woman'? One point for each correct answer.
8. Often used in the pharmaceutical industry, what is the name given to a hermetically sealed vial used to preserve or contain a sample?
9. Name the famous ranch on which a life size Lego statue of Darth Vader could be found.
10. Which appetizer that stems from the French word for 'couch' is served on a base of toast, crackers or biscuits? (One word)
11. The raised or clenched fist was a symbol for which American movement during the 1960s?
12. In modern physics there are elementary particles called quarks. There are six types of quarks known as flavours. Which quark flavour begins with the letter 'C'?
13. What is the name of the famous French apple brandy made in the Normandy?
14. Home to many movie premiers and Academy Award ceremonies since the 1920s, what is the name of the Hollywood theatre with the footprints, handprints and signatures of famous celebrities in the forecourt?
15. Which Neil Diamond album was based on a novella that reached number one on the New York Times Best Seller list?
16. Which Chinese ethnic group is the largest single ethnic group in the world?
17. Who said "The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty loving people everywhere march with you."?
18. Paul McCartney's sheep dog was the inspiration for which song on the Beatles White Album?
19. Meaning 'the terrifying one' , what is the largest monolith statue in the world?
20. Although the cause was bizarre, what was the name of the bloody war fought between El Salvador and Honduras for a few days in June 1969?
1. Village of the Damned
2. I wanna be like you (The Monkey Song). From Disney's The Jungle Book.
3. Most powerful nuclear bomb ever detonated.
5. Sleuth. (Michael Caine and Laurence Olivier)
6. Three answers. Sicily (5,000,000), Sardinia (1,656,000) and Cyprus (1,088,000).
7. Two answers. Memphis and New York City.
8. Ampoule (Ampula or Ampul)
9. Neverland Ranch (Michael Jackson's ranch)
11. Black Power
12. Charm or Charmed
14. Grauman's Chinese Theatre
15. Jonathan Livingston Seagull
16. Han (Han Chinese or Han people)
17. Dwight D. Eisenhower (June 5th, 1944)
18. Martha My Dear
19. Great Sphinx of Giza
20. The Football War