1. Which dashing fictional character rode a jet black horse named Toronado?
2. Cape Spartel is the most northwestern point on which continent?
3. Which four countries are home to Disney Parks?
4. In which film (or series of films) do each of the following corporations play a sinister role? One point for each correct answer.
a. Cyberdyne Systems Corporation
b. Umbrella Corporation
c. Tyrell Corporation
5. Which country with a population of 126,000,000 has one of the lowest homocide rates in the world?
6. In which country are each of the following meals considered a 'national dish'? One point for each correct answer.
d. Tom yum goong
7. Which three quarterbacks have won the most Superbowls? One point for each correct answer.
8. Which deep diving whale has the largest brain and thickest skin in the animal kingdom?
9. What are the names of the two international airports in Tokyo? One point for each correct answer.
10. The following lyrics are from songs with the word "Green" somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. The old house is still standing though the paint is cracked and dry
b. When I think it could be nicer being red or yellow or gold
c. For I have loved you well and long delighting in your company
d. Lookin for some happiness but there is only loneliness to find, jump to the left, turn to the right
e. Now when the day goes to sleep and the full moon looks and the night is so black that the darkness cooks
11. The capital of Greenland excluded, what are the two northernmost capital cities in the world? One point for each correct answer.
12. Based on the number of registrations, what is the most popular breed of dog in both the UK and the USA?
13. Who were the last three Americans to win the Men's Singles title at the French Open? One point for each correct answer.
14. The name of which European capital city translated means 'White City'?
a. Helsinki b. Reykjavik c. Warsaw d. Belgrade
15. Name one of the two cars owned by Leroy Brown in the song 'Bad Bad Leroy Brown'?
16. At their greatest extent, both the British and the Mongol Empires controlled what % of the world's land area?
a. 6% b. 11% c. 22% d. 44%
17. According to the UN, which country now has the highest per capita homocide rate in the world?
a. El Salvador b. Mexico c. South Africa d. Honduras
18. The following are the last lines from which 1951 science fiction film?
"Your choice is simple. Join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you."
19. Best known for her song 'Put A Little Love In Your Heart', which American singer songwriter also co wrote 'Bette Davis Eyes'?
20. In which country, which gained its independence in July 2011, is Juba the capital city?
3. Four answers. USA, France, Japan and China
4. Three answers.
b. Resident Evil
c. Blade Runner
5. Japan (according to UNODC, United Nations Office On Drugs & Crime)
6. Five answers.
c. North or South Korea
7. Three answers. Tom Brady (7), Joe Montana (4), Terry Bradshaw (4)
8. Sperm whale
9. Two answers. Haneda and Narita
10. Five answers.
a. Green Green Grass Of Home (Tom Jones)
b. Bein Green (or Green) (Kermit)
c. Green Sleeves
d. Little Green Bag (George Baker Selection)
e. The Green Manalishi (Fleetwood Mac)
11. Two answers. Reykjavik and Helsinki
12. Labrador Retriever
13. Three answers. Andre Agassi (1999), Jim Courier (1991-92), Michael Chang (1989)
14. Answer d. Belgrade
15. "He got a custom Continental, he got an Eldorado too"
16. Answer c. 22%
17. Answer a. El Salvador
18. The Day The Earth Stood Still
19. Jackie DeShannon
20. South Sudan