1. Johnny Cash released 2 Live albums in the 1960s which were recorded in prison. Name the 2 prisons.
2. Which enticing and exotic location is also a cocktail containing vodka, blue curacao and lemonade (or lime juice) ? Two words
3. In Da Vinci's painting "The Last Supper" a clumsy Judas can be seen knockiing what over?
a. a silver chalice, b. a salt cellar, c. a candle, d. a vase
4. What is the official national sport in Pakistan?
a. field hockey, b. polo, c. cricket, d. squash
5. Which Hollywood blockbuster contains the following line?
"That is one big pile of shit!"
6. Which man with the initials T. L.; once described by President Richard Nixon as "the most dangerous man in America", is buried in space?
7. What is the ancient Greek strait Hellespont known as today?
8. The Weihenstephan Brewery in Germany is widely regarded as the oldest brewery in the world. Plus or minus 150 years, when did it first start brewing beer?
9. According to the book "The Intelligence of Dogs" (and most dog trainers), what are the four most intelligent dog breeds? One point for each correct answer.
10. Which culinary speciality translated means "fat liver"?
11. Which of the following is the name of the currency in Iran, Yemen and Oman?
a. Rial, b. Lire, c. Pound, d. Dinar
12. What are the five most populated cities in the Americas (North, South and Central America) that have names ending with the letter "o"? One point for each correct answer.
13. Film director Robert Altman's 14 year old son earned millions after writing the lyrics to which movie and TV theme song? (clue: it reached number one in the UK singles charts)
14. What are the three largest rodents in the world? One point for each correct answer.
15. In which cult film is there a restaurant named Jack Rabbit Slims?
16. The following are the flag carriers (national airlines) of which countries? One point for each correct answer.
17. Which two bands had number one albums in the US charts titled "Black and Blue"?
18. In the film version of The Shawshank Redemption, a poster of which woman is hiding the hole in the cell wall through which Andy Dufresne finally escapes?
a. Rita Hayworth, b. Farrah Fawcett, c. Marilyn Monroe, d. Raquel Welch
19. The Hableh Rood river runs through which Western Asian capital city with an estimated 16 million inhabitants?
20. A major city in Bangladesh and a lime used to make a popular gin.
a. Quetta, b. Pune, c. Rangpur, d. Kanpur
1. Folsom and San Quentin
2. Blue Lagoon
3. Salt cellar
4. Answer a. field hockey
5. Jurassic Park
6. Timothy Leary
7. The Dardenelles (or The Strait of Gallipoli)
8. 1040 AD
9. Four answers. In order: Border collie, Poodle, German shepherd, Golden retriever.
10. Foie gras
11. Answer a. Rial
12. Five answers. Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Toronto, Chicago.
13. Theme from MASH (Suicide is Painless)
14. Three answers. In order: capybara, beaver, porcupine
15. Pulp Fiction
16. Three answers.
17. Two answers. Rolling Stones and Backstreet Boys
18. Answer d. Raquel Welch
20. Answer c. Rangpur