Pauls Quiz 407
1. Which dairy product was a number one hit single in the US charts in 1991? (number 15 in the UK charts)
2. Whch British woman is the only person with Oscars for both acting and writing?
3. Other than the brain, where in the human body are the most neurons found?
a. heart, b. spinal cord, c. intestines
4. In international ballroom dancing competitions, what are the five dances in the Latin section? One point for each correct answer.
5. With one word, complete this opening line to the novel Nineteen-Eighty Four?
"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking ......."
6. According to the UNHCR, which two countries are (as of 2022) host to the most refugees?
7. Which Hollywood icon played an Indian or half breed in each of the following westerns?
b. Chato's Land
c. Nevada Smith
8. What name was given to the old gold coins, minted in Spain and Spanish America, with the double portrait of Ferdinand and Isabella?
9. The phenomenon in which the act of supressing information makes the information more wide spread is named after which record breaking singer and Oscar winniing actress?
10. With one word, complete the titles of each of the following mega hit singles from the year 1974. One point for each correct answer.
a. Rock The
b. Rock Your
c. Rock Me
11. Gwyneth Paltrow gave her daughter which fruit for a name?
a. Apple, b. Honeydew, c. Juniper, d. Cherry
12. One of the oldest, if not the oldest cocktail in America is the potent Sazerac. It is closely associated with the city in which it was invented. Name the city.
13. Where were stylite saints found?
14. "Kiss Your Nuts Goodbye" was a movie poster tag line for which part two film?
15. Based on revenue and the number of passengers, ANA is the largest airline in which country?
16. Which four nations have won the FIFA Women's World Cup? One point for each correct answer.
17. Who released each of the following so called 'come back' albums? One point for each correct answer.
a. American Idiot
c. The Next Day
d. Songs For Young Lovers
e. American Recordings
18. Plus or minus 2, how many bones are there in a human hand?
19. Each of the following rivers run through or by which European capital? One point for each correct answer.
20. Which classic 1956 film ends with the words "I only am escaped, alone, to tell thee."?
1. Cream (Prince)
2. Emma Thompson
3. Answer c. intestines
4. Five answers. samba, cha-cha-cha, rumba, jive, paso doble.
6. Two answers. Turkey and Colombia
7. Three answers.
a. Paul Newman
b. Charles Bronson
c. Steve McQueen
8. Doubloons (meaning 'double')
9. Barbra Streisand (the Streisand Effect)
10. Three answers.
a. Rock The Boat (Hues Corp)
b. Rock Your Baby (George McCrae)
c. Rock Me Gently (Andy Kim)
11. Answer a. Apple
12. New Orleans
13. On the top of a pillar
14. Ice Age 2 (The Meltdown)
15. Japan (All Nippon Airlines)
16. Four answers. USA (4x), Germany (2x), Norway, Japan.
17. Five answers.
a. Green Day
b. Black Sabbath
c. David Bowie
d. Frank Sinatra
e. Johnny Cash
20. Moby Dick