1. The highly prized white wine with the name Arbor Gold is produced on which continent?
2. What would you have purchased if you spent 250,000 US dollars on a Millage Flying Tourbillon?
3. Which female singer had a number 1 hit single in the US music charts every year from 1990- 2000?
a. Mariah Carey, b. Cher, c. Madonna, d. Barbra Streisand
4. The largest royal palace in Europe is found in which city?
a. Madrid, b. Den Haag, c. Stockholm, d. London
5. Trudie Styler is married to which well known English musician?
6. The Black Stone are a ring of German espionage agents in which famous novel and film?
7. What was the most popular social networking service in the world between the years 2003-2007?
8. Which alcoholic beverage is the basis for all the following cocktails?
Boozy Suzie, Cosmopolitan, Expresso Martini and Bucket List
9. In literature; which ill fated, three masted Nantucket ship was named after an Algonguian speaking Indian tribe?
10. Which summer Olympic superstar was nicknamed the "Sparrow from Minsk"?
11. A mammal and a word for sauce in the Mexican cuisine.
12. What kind of projectiles, invented by the British MOD and first used in 1970, reached number one in the UK singles charts in 1973?
13. With only a few exceptions, the vast majority of scenes in David Lean's Doctor Zhivago were shot in which country?
a. Spain, b. Canada, c. Argentina, d. Finland
14. Name the songs that begin with the following lyrics. One point for each correct answer.
a. Born down in a dead man's town
b. I was born in the wagon of a travellin show
c. I was born in a cross fire hurricane
15. Horology is the study of what?
16. Name the country in which these now defunct secret police organisations terrorised their own citizens. One point for each correct answer.
a. Tonton Macoutes
17. "The music that thrilled the world .... and the killing that stunned it" was the movie poster tag line for which 1970 documentary? Hint: a famous song title.
18. Nancy Shevell is which famous musician's third wife?
19. Which American made sport headlines around the world in 1922 by swimming the 100 metres in under one minute?
20. Name the first man of Asian heritage to become the PM of a European country?
2. Time piece (wrist watch)
3. Answer a. Mariah Carey
4. Answer a. Madrid
6. The Thirty-Nine Steps
9. Pequod (Moby Dick)
10. Olga Korbut
12. Rubber Bullets (10cc)
13. Answer a. Spain
14. Three answers.
a. Born In The USA (Bruce Springsteen)
b. Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves (Cher)
c. Jumpin Jack Flash (Rolling Stones)
16. Four answers.
d. Soviet Union
17. Gimme Shelter
18. Paul McCartney
19. Johnny Weismuller
20. Leo Varadkar