1. In song, "a guy with a pin to burst your bubble" is the answer to which question?
2. Who was the first African American to be the star and host of a US TV variety show in 1956?
3. In which North American sport has the uniform number 42 been "universally" retired?
4. In which film did ex New Kids On The Block member Donnie Wahlberg play an alien nicknamed Duddits?
5. Who were the first four British (or 5 if born in Britain counts) female singers to have a number one hit single in the US Billboard Hot 100 as solo artists? Time line: 1965-1983
6. Sarah Jessica Parker is married to which Hollywood actor?
7. Where would you find monolithic figures named Moai?
8. Gene Autry is the only person with stars in all five categories on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. Which English born American entertainer has four stars?
9. What are the four most populated cities in the European Union that have English language names ending with the letter "n"? One point for each correct answer.
10. The following lyrics are all from songs with the word "Rain" somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone
b. I never meant to cause you any sorrow
c. I am standing at the water's edge in my dream
d. It is the springtime of my loving, the second season I am to know
11. Kathy Whitworth was the first female athlete to earn 1 million in prize money. In which sport did she excel?
12. In the Disney film, what was the name of Dumbo's sidekick and mentor?
13. Which twin jet passenger aircraft has the largest and most powerful jet engine in the world?
14. What is the four letter word in Hinduism and Buddhism for a divine being or god?
15. The following was a movie poster tag line for which 1990 film?
"The story of two people who got married, met, and then fell in love."
16. Zima is the word for which season in at least a dozen East European countries?
17. In which country is the largest known cave in the world located?
18. At 7570 metres, the mountain Gangkhar Puensun is the highest what in the world?
19. Which one digit number was a number one hit single in the US Billboard Hot 100 in 2009?
a. 1, b. 3, c. 4, d. 8
20. Plus or minus 5 km/h, what is the top speed of a 66 ton Leopard 2 tank?
1. "What do you get when you fall in love?" (from the song 'I'll Never Fall In Love Again)
2. Nat King Cole
3. Major League Baseball (Jackie Robinson)
5. Four/five answers. Petula Clark (Downtown and My Love), Lulu (To Sir With Love), Olivia Newton John (If Not For You, I Honestly Love You, Magic, Physical)), Sheena Easton (Morning Train), Bonnie Tyler (Total Eclipse of the Heart) Note: Olivia Newton John was born in Cambridge England.
6. Matthew Broderick
7. Easter Island
8. Bob Hope
9. Four answers. In order: Berlin, Milan, Turin, Copenhagen.
10. Four answers.
a. Fire And Rain (James Taylor)
b. Purple Rain (Prince)
c. Red Rain (Peter Gabriel)
d. The Rain Song (Led Zeppelin)
12. Timothy Q. Mouse
13. Boeing 777 ('Triple Seven')
15. Green Card
17. Vietnam (Son Doong cave)
18. Highest unclimbed mountain
19. Answer b. 3 (Britney Spears)
20. 68 km/h