1. Which carbonated beverage takes its name from the medical word for indigestion?
2. In which controversial film is the aversion therapy known as the Ludovico technique used on the central character?
3. Which man, the only winner of both an Academy Award and a Nobel Prize for Literature, once said of Shakespeare: "the intensity of my impatience with him occasionally reaches such a pitch, that it would positively be a relief to dig him up and throw stones at him."?
4. Which popular 'ball' game was banned in New York City from 1942 until 1976?
5. Which T.P. was 20th Century Fox's biggest movie star in the late 1930s?
6. Which tint of blue is named after a famous beach and tourist attraction in the southern hemisphere?
7. Which southpaw was nicknamed "the Rockhampton Rocket"?
8. A Mount Olympus is the highest point in which two E.U. countries?
9. Who painted the Virgin of the Rocks, or sometimes known as Madonna of the Rocks?
10. The following lyrics are all from songs with the word "Car" somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. You might never get rich, but let me tell you it's better than digging a ditch
b. Click clack open the door girls, click clack open the door boys, front door back door, clickety clack
c. Working for peanuts is all very fine but I can show you a better time
d. And your arm felt nice wrapped around my shoulder and I had a feeling that I belonged
e. Who's that lady coming down the road, who's that lady
11. TOR is a software that enables anonymous communication. What does the acronym T O R stand for?
12. Marcelo Rios was the only tennis player from which country to reach number one in the ATP rankings?
13. "With Wings on their heels and Hope in their hearts" was a movie poster tag line for which critically acclaimed film?
14. Which haunting instrumental was played by the Apollo 10 astronauts as they circled the moon in 1969 and was the first single by a British musician to reach number one in the US Billboard Hot 100 in 1961?
15. What are the four most populated cities in France that have names ending with the letter "e"? One point for each correct answer.
16. Which writer, with a maritime expression for a pen name, once said: " It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."?
17. Which American soul singer and former girlfriend of Marc Bolan had a hit with the song Tainted Love in 1964?
18. Canadian Dr James Naismith is credited with the creation of which popular sport?
19. The name of which famous diamond translated means "mountain of light"?
20. Which film character has been portrayed by both Keanu Reeves and Michael Rennie?
1. Pepsi (dyspepsia)
2. A Clockwork Orange
3. George Bernard Shaw
5. Tyrone Power
6. Bondi Blue
7. Rod Laver
8. Two answers. Greece and Cyprus
9. Leonardo da Vinci
10. Five answers.
a. Car Wash (Rose Royce)
b. Riding In My Car (Car Song) (Woody Guthrie)
c. Drive My Car (The Beatles)
d. Fast Car (Tracy Chapman)
e. Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car (Billy Ocean)
11. The Onion Router
13. Chariots of Fire
14. Stranger On The Shore (Mr Acker Bilk)
15. Four answers. In order: Marseille, Toulouse, Nice, Lille
16. Mark Twain
17. Gloria Jones
20. Klaatu (The Day the Earth Stood Still)