1. Name the Hollywood films starring the following actors that were based on a John Steinbeck novel. One point for each correct answer.
a. John Malkovich
b. James Dean
c. Henry Fonda
2. The name for which type of building or construction stems from both the French and Latin word for butterfly?
3. The largest known spider in the world is named after which biblical character?
4. Which Paul McCartney and Wings album title is also the name of a famous painting by Sandro Botticelli?
5. According to Forbes magazine, who is the wealthiest monarch in the world?
6. Which two footballers have been sent off twice while playing for England? One point for each correct answer.
7. Which well known Order have been coined 'The Bankers of the Middle Ages'?
8. Which two bands had a hit with the song 'Dandy' in the 1960s?
9. What are the three main island groups in Oceania ending with the letters 'ia'? One point for each correct answer.
10. Name the film in which Jeff Bridges played the following characters. One point for each correct answer.
b. Jack Baker
c. The Dude
d. Rooster Cogburn
e. Dr. Mark Powell
11. What is the largest lake in the Tropics?
12. Which sport does James Bond take part in, in "Die Another Day"?
13. "Mine eyes" are the first two words to which famous war song?
14. In the Tour De France, what is the 'Lanterne Rouge'?
15. What are the five largest landlocked countries in the world? One point for each correct answer.
16. Who were the first four men to have been awarded the title "European footballer of the year" two or more times?
17. Which are the only two South American countries that do not border Brazil?
18. Which US city is the gin soaked bar room queen from in the song 'Honky Tonk Woman'?
19. In which country is the southernmost inhabited community in the world?
20. Which famous German brand was known as "Dassler" back in the 1930s?
1. Three answers
a. Of Mice And Men
b. East Of Eden
c. The Grapes Of Wrath
4. Venus and Mars
5. The Sultan of Brunei
6. Two answers
David Beckham and Wayne Rooney
7. The Knights Templar
8. The Kinks and The Herman's Hermits
9. Three answers
Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia
10. Five answers
b. The Fabulous Baker Boys
c. The Big Lebowski
d. True Grit
11. Lake Victoria
13. The Battle Hymn of the Republic
14. The last place rider
15. Five answers
Kazakstan, Mongolia, Niger, Chad and Mali
Alfredo di Stefano 1957, 1959
Johan Cruyff 1971, 1973, 1974
Franz Beckenbauer 1972, 1976
Kevin Keegan 1978, 1979
17. Chile & Ecuador
19. Chile (Puerto Toro)
20. Adidas (Adi Dassler was it's founder)