1. The name for which popular pasta dish stems from the Italian word for 'charcoal burners'?
2. The name of which popular party game stems from the French word for 'entertainment'?
3. Collectively, the likes of Emilio Estevez, Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze and Tom Cruise were known as what?
4. The name of which famous Queen stems from the Greek word for 'born of a famous father'?
5. Which 17th century Frenchman is often called the 'father' of modern philosohy?
6. 'The Urban Spaceman' was the biggest hit for the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah band. The producer, under the pseudonym Apollo C. Vermouth, is better known as which English Sir?
7. Named after the great granddaughter of Friedrich Krupp, what name did Allied soldiers give to the large howitzers used by the Germans in WW I?
8. Which mountain range is known as 'the backbone of Italy'?
9. What was the first and middle name of Citizen Kane?
10. Which sport takes its name from the Gloucestershire seat of the dukes of Beaufort?
11. What is the name of the rural retreat for US Presidents located some 112km from Washington DC?
12. Which Cunard ship held the Blue Riband for the fastest Atlantic crossing between
13. The Simpsons. Name Ned Flanders' two children.
14. What is the name of the fictional Scottish village that comes to life for only one day every 100 years?
15. What are the middle names of the following renowned authors? One point for each correct answer.
a. Henry Thoreau
b. William Maugham
c. Louisa Alcott
d. Ford Ford
16. The name of which plant translated means 'beautiful lady'?
17. The Wright Flyer was the first powered aircraft, designed and built by the Wright brothers. What is the name of the place in North Carolina where it was flown?
18. In Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, which noble house does Juliet belong to?
19. An atheist denies the existance of God. What name is given to a person that claims it is impossible to know whether God exists or not?
20. Which sometimes difficult to find body part has been named after doctor Ernst Gräfenberg?
3. The Brat Pack
4. Cleopatra (Kleopatros)
5. Rene Descartes
6. Sir Paul McCartney
7. Big Bertha
9. Charles Foster
11. Camp David
12. Two answers
a. RMS Mauretania
b. Queen Mary
13. Rod and Todd
15. Four answers
17. Kitty Hawk
20. G spot