1. The name for which article of clothing stems from the Persian word for 'leg clothing'?
2. Known as the 'man of a thousand voices', who was the voice of all of the following?
Bugs Bunny, Pepe le Pew, Sylvester, Foghorn Leghorn, Tweety Pie, Speedy Gonzales, Daffy Duck and Porky Pig.
3. The name of which European capital city translated means 'wisdom'?
4. A large inflatable pig was, for a while, a stage prop for which famous band?
5. In which sport are the official competition balls kept for three days at 73.4 degrees Fahrenheit before being used?
a. Football (soccer) b. Table Tennis c. Cricket d. Tennis
6. The name of which precious stone, a violet-blue variety of quartz, is the Greek word for 'not to intoxicate'?
7. Located in Turkey, what is the official name of 'Anzac cove'?
8. Who was the first African American woman to win a Grand Slam title in tennis?
9. The name of which organization translated means 'The Base'?
10. What are fans of the band The Grateful Dead called?
11. Which two Olympic disciplines are martial arts?
12. Which term is used to describe the structure of the DNA molecule with two linked spirals?
13. Which early silent film star was known as 'America's Sweetheart'?
14. Which word was used by the English for the red wines of Bordeaux?
15. What is the name of the famous Roman road that ran 582 km from Rome to Brindisi?
16. In literature, who does the wicked magician Abanazar imprison?
17. One of the most expensive books in the world is titled 'Birds of America'. Name the author-artist responsible for this work.
18. 'Their Satanic Majesties Request' was the first-ever album with a 3D record cover. Who recorded the album?
19. Plus or minus 10, in which year did Coca Cola first become cocaine-free?
20. Man on the flying trapeze, Rock the baby, Sleeper, Over the falls, World tour, Elevator, Split the atom, Dr. Tidal wave, Lindy loop and Hydrogen bomb are all examples of what?
1. Pyjama (from paejamah)
2. Mel Blanc
3. Sofia (Sophia)
4. Pink Floyd
5. b. Table Tennis
8. Althea Gibson
9. Al Qaida (Al Qaeda)
10. Dead Heads
11. Judo and Tae kwon do (Karate will make its debut in Tokyo)
13. Mary Pickford
15. The Appian Way
17. John Audubon
18. The Rolling Stones
20. Yo yo tricks