1. Which famous musician wrote the book titled 'A Spaniard in the Works'?
2. Which 1975 film was the first movie to earn more than 100 million US dollars at the box office?
3. The name for which pasta dish is derived from the Italian word for 'charcoal burners'?
4. Leonids, Lyrids, Perseids, Ursids and June Bootids are all examples of what?
5. The world champion of which sport wins the Swaythling-Cup?
6. What is the name of the desert in Chile that is often referred to as 'the driest place on Earth'?
7. Which member of a famous English rock group from the 1970s shares his name with a famed American naval commander?
8. Name the six English football clubs that Nicolas Anelka has played for. One point for each correct answer.
9. What was the name of the BP oil rig that caused a spill in the Gulf Of Mexico back in 2010?
10. What was the name of Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin's spacecraft?
11. In song, which girl is "from a lonely street, cold as ice cream but still as sweet"?
12. With 46 years and 41 days, which Argentinian was the oldest Formula One World Driver's Champion?
13. What is the name of the only venomous lizard native to the United States?
14. Which country did the Romans call "Cambria"?
15. Humbert Humbert is the central character in which famous novel?
16. With between 16-19 km per hour, what is the fastest land snake in the world?
17. Where is the smallest muscle in the human body located?
18. In literature, the frontiersman Natty Bumppo has three nicknames. Can you name them? One point for each correct answer.
19. What are the three largest ports in continental Europe? One point for each correct answer.
20. Which letter of the alphabet is the traditional codename for the head of MI6?
1. John Lennon
4. Meteor showers
5. Table tennis
7. John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin)
8. Six answers. Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Bolton Wanderers, Chelsea, West Brom
9. Deepwater Horizon
10. Vostok (Vostok 1)
11. Sunday Girl (Blondie)
12. Juan Manuel Fangio
13. Gila Monster
16. Black Mamba
17. Ear (stapedius muscle)
18. Three answers. Hawkeye, Leatherstocking and Pathfinder.
19. Three answers. Rotterdam, Hamburg and Antwerp.