1. The first words spoken in a Hollywood film were "Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain't heard nothin' yet.". Who was the man behind the voice?
2. The name of which widely used material stems from the modern Latin word 'cannabis'?
3. What is the official language in Andorra?
4. Guy Montag is the central character in which dystopian novel and film?
5. Name the four oldest players who have played in the FIFA World Cup. One point for each correct answer.
6. Who was given the nickname 'Old blood and guts'?
7. Who was the first non-European to win the Tour de France?
8. What is the well known Greek word for 'horse'?
9. What is the official word (beginning with the letter 'L') for Nobel Peace Prize winners?
10. Which European Footballer of the Year scored a record two hat-tricks during the 1984 European Championship?
11. With which art form does one associate both Isadora Duncan and Martha Graham?
12. Kalamata, Manzanilla, Nicoise and Picholine are all types of what?
13. The name of which woman in Greek mythology means 'all gifted'?
14. Who was the actress Jane Asher engaged to between 1967 and 1968?
15. What was Russian Tsar Nicholas II's surname?
16. What are the Spetsnaz?
17. What is the French name given to someone who uses a tastevin at work?
18. The name of which Soviet space program translated means 'Union'?
19. What is the name of the principle which claims that, "in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence."?
20. Pachyderm is an obsolete term for an order of mammals. What does the word mean?
1.Al Jolson (The Jazz Singer)
4. Fahrenheit 451
5. Four answers. Essam El Hadary (45), Faryd Mondragon (43), Roger Milla (43), Pat Jennings (41)
6. General George Patton
7. Greg Le Mond (1986)
10. Michel Platini
11. Modern dance
14. Paul McCartney
16. Russian special forces.
17. Sommelier (a tastevin is the small cup used to sample the wine)
19. The Peter Principle
20. Thick skin