1. The common name for which flower stems from the Persian word for 'turban'?
2. Which trio were the best paid band in the world in 1979?
3. What kind of cooking utensil is a chinoise?
4. The name of which US high altitude reconnaissance aircraft from the 1960s is also an award winning music group?
5. What do all of the following have in common?
Virginia Woolf, Barbarossa, Jeff Buckley, Vesper Lynd, John Jacob Astor IV, Ophelia and Dennis Wilson.
6. Which Frenchman was FIFA president for a record 33 years?
7. In which films are each of the following psychopaths central characters? One point for each correct answer.
a. Max Cady
b. Patrick Bateman
c. Jack Torrance
d. Anton Chigurh
8. The artwork for which controversial Rolling Stones album cover was conceived by Andy Warhol?
9. Which famous WW II aircraft was nicknamed 'The Wooden Wonder'?
10. Tauntauns, Ugnaughts, B'omar Monks, Mynocks, Sarlaccs and Dewbacks are all examples of what?
11. The name of which piece of sports equipment stems from an Arabic word meaning 'palm of hand'?
12. Who are Peaseblossom, Cobweb, Mustardseed and Moth?
13. The cosmic entity known as Cthulhu appears in stories from which cult horror fiction writer?
14. What was the loudest sound ever recorded on Earth? (not in space)
15. Which Swedish actress has played a 'Bond Girl' in two 007 films?
16. What is the complete title of Stanley Kubrick's film Dr. Strangelove?
17. Where can one find 887 MOAI? (Pronounced "Mo Eye")
18. What does a Helen unit measure?
19. The Nobel Peace Prize nominee Mordechai Vanunu spent 18 years in an Isreali prison as a traitor. What information did he release to the British press in 1986?
20. Mote, Caviar, Table, Demitasse, Marrow, Absinthe, Runcible, Souvenir, and Caddy are all examples of what?
1. Tulip (from the Persian dulband)
2. Bee Gees
3. Sieve (a conical sieve)
5. They all drowned.
6. Jules Rimet
7. Four answers.
a. Cape Fear
b. American Psycho
c. The Shining
d. No Country For Old Men
8. Sticky Fingers
9. de Havilland Mosquito
10. Creatures in Star Wars films.
11. Racquet (from the Arabic rahah)
12. Fairies in Shakepeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream
13. H. P. Lovecraft
14. The 1883 eruption of the volcano Krakatoa.
15. Maude Adams (Octopussy and The Man With The Golden Gun)
16. Dr. Strangelove (or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb)
17. Easter Island
19. That Israel has nuclear weapons.
20. Spoons (types of spoons)