1. Name 2 of the 4 main islands that comprise Japan?
2. Name the two Japanese cities upon which the Allies dropped an atom bomb in 1945?
3. What is the Japanese equivalent of the Ftse 100 Index?
4. Which Briton won a gold medal in the 20km walk at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics?
5. Which of the James Bond films was set in Japan?
6. Which religion has its origin in ancient indigenous traditions and may be defined as an agglomeration of nature worship; tribal cult, hero worship, and reverence for the Emperor?
7. Name either of the two top 10 hits in the 1980s for the group Japan.
8. Who wrote the 1989 best selling novel Shogun, which was subsequently made into a TV mini-series, starring Richard Chamberlain?
9. What is the name of the Japanese dish of thinly cut beef strips and vegetables, served with noodles?
10. In the opera ?The Mikado?, which is set in Japan, what is the name of the cheap tailor under sentence of death for flirting, but who is reprieved and subsequently is raised to the exalted rank of Lord High Executioner?
1. Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku or Kyushu
2. Hiroshima & Nagasaki
4. Ken Matthews
5. You Only Live Twice
7. Ghosts or I Second That Emotion
8. James Clavell