1. Japan has several territorial disputes with its neighbours, what are the various countries it fights
a: over for the Kuril Islands,
b: over Dokdo (Takeshima),
c: for the Senkaku Islands (Diaoyutai Islands),
d: and for the status of Okinotorishima?
2. Greek word, "Chief Sea", a cluster of islands, eleven letters
3. Of the ten largest islands in the world, three are in which country?
4. What is also known as Qomolangma or Sagarmatha or Chomolungma in the native tongues of the people around it?
5. The melting Furtw?ngler Glacier is near which famous African geographic feature?
6. How many US state capitals are named after US presidents?
7. What is the largest country in the world without permanent rivers?
8. Which country was renamed on August 4, 1984 by President Thomas Sankara to mean "the land of upright people" (or "upright land")?
9. After Russia, which is the largest country amongst the former Soviet republics in terms of area?
10. What is the largest sea body in the world, excluding the oceans?
11. The river Rhine flows through eight countries, name them.
1. Four Answers:
a: Russia over the Kuril Islands,
b: with South Korea over Dokdo (Takeshima),
c: with China and Taiwan over the Senkaku Islands (Diaoyutai Islands), and
d: with China over the status of Okinotorishima.
3. CANADABaffin (5th), Victoria (9th) and Ellesmere (10th)
4. Mount EverestThe Nepali name is Sagarmatha and the Tibetan name is Chomolungma or Qomolangma. In 1865, the mountain was given its English name by Andrew Waugh, the British surveyor-general of India who surveyed it and he chose to name the mountain after George Everest, the surveyor-general of India from 1830 to 1843, who was largely responsible for completing the section of the Great Trigonometric Survey of India.
5. Mount Kilimanjaro
6. Four (Lincoln Nebraska, Jackson Mississippi, Madison Wisconsin and Jefferson City Missouri).
7. Saudi Arabia
8. Burkina Faso - Formerly it called the Republic of Upper Volta
10. The South China Sea
11. Germany, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Italy