1970s Quiz 1
1. What year did British Honduras become Belize?
2. Which English daily newspaper became a tabloid in 1971?
3. The world was declared safe from which virus in 1979, after it had killed more than 1 billion people?
4. Who was the instigator of the breakaway World Series Cricket in 1977?
5. Which country did Idi Amin invade in 1978?
6. ?Expletive Deleted? came into fashion as a result of the publication of the transcript of what?
7. What was the rank of Mark Phillips when he was married to Princess Anne in 1973?
8. Who was nick named Hanoi Jane in 1972 because of her enemy propaganda broadcasts from Vietnam?
9. Which German Grand Prix circuit was used for a Formula 1 race for the last time in 1976, when Niki Lauda was almost killed?
10. What was the name of the domestic videocassette tape recorder system introduced by Sony in 1975?
11. ?Is this the real life, is this just fantasy?, is the opening line of which hit song?
12. In 1972 which flash new motor was advertised with the slogan, ? The car you always promised yourself??
13. What was the nickname of Charlene Tilton, who played Lucy Ewing in Dallas?
14. At which hospital was the first British Heart Transplant operation performed in 1979?
15. In 1978 which famous comedy returned for a second series, four years after the first had been shown?
16. Which 60?s singing duo divorced after 11 years of marriage?
17. Nanny, Sandra Rivett was the victim of which infamous murderer?
18. Which rock star died when the Mini car, driven by his girlfriend crashed into a tree?
19. What year was Margaret Thatcher elected British Prime Minister?
20. What was the name of the society heiress who stole 8 million pounds worth of pictures in 1974 and was sentenced to 8 years in prison
2. The Daily Mail
4. Kerry Packer
6. The Watergate Tapes
8. Jane Fonda
11. Bohemian Rhapsody
12. Ford Capri
13. Poison Dwarf
14. Papworth, Cambridge
15. Fawlty Towers
16. Sonny and Cher
17. Lord Lucan
18. Marc Bolan
20. Dr Bridget Rose Dugdale