Pauls Novelty Songs Quiz 1
1. Which culinary question was a hit on both sides of the Atlantic in 1961?
2. Other than a kangaroo, name the four animals mentioned in the Rolf Harris song 'Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport'.
3. Which bawdy 1960s hit began with the words "Seventeen, a beauty queen"?
4. What is the name of the vocal quintet in Bobby 'Boris' Pickett's song 'The Monster Mash'?
5. The title of which 1968 yodel ditty from Esther and Abi Ofarim was a combination of two famous names?
6. Which "legend that will last a lunchtime" released a series of`'hit' songs with titles like 'Ouch', 'Cheese and Onions' and 'Can't buy me lunch'?
7. The following words are from which songs?
a. Wanna buy five copies for my mother
b. With one jab of my needle in the Punjab
c. There was funky Billie Chin and little Sammy Chong
d. He's the hairy handed gent who ran amok in Kent
8. What is the name of the boy in the Joe Dolce song 'Shaddap You Face'?
9. Which comic strip character is the hero in a novelty song from the band 'The Royal Gaurdsmen'?
10. What was wrong with each of the following in the song 'Lily The Pink'? One point for each correct answer.
a. Jennifer Eccles
b. Mr. Freers
c. Old Ebineezer
d. Johnny Hammer
e. Auntie Millie
f. Robert Tony
1. Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavour (On The Bed Post Over Night?) Lonnie Donegan
2. Wallaby, Cockatoo, Koala and Platypus Duck
3. Lady Godiva (Peter and Gordon)
4. The Crypt Kicker Five
5. Cinderella Rockefella
6. The Rutles
7. Four answers
a. The Cover Of The Rolling Stone (Doctor Hook)
b. Goodness Gracious Me (Peter Sellers and Sofia Loren)
c. Kung Fu Fighting (Carl Douglas)
d. Werewolves Of London (Warren Zevon)
9. Snoopy (Snoopy versus the Red Baron)
10. Six answers
a. Jennifer Eccles had terrible freckles
b. Mr. Freers had sticky out ears
c. Old Ebineezer thought he was Julius Caeser
d. Johnny Hammer had a terrible st st st stammer
e. Auntie Millie ran willy nilly
f. Robert Tony was known to be bony