Pauls Music Quiz 12
1. What was the only number one album in the UK charts during the 1960s with a US state in the album title?
2. The following are the first words to number one hits from the 1960s with a womans first name in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer. a. Standing on the dock in Southampton; b. We'll drink; c. I look at all the lonely people; d. Don't want your love anymore
3. Grand Wizzard Theodore is credited with the invention of which vinyl technique?
4. What was the only number one UK hit song from the year 2000 with a colour in the song title?
5. Which English band has had a record 36 top ten albums in the US charts?
6. What was the only number one UK album in the 1970s with the name of a country in the album title?
7. Uncle Ernie, cousin Kevin and Captain Walker are some of the characters in which opera?
8. FC Liverpool's signature song 'You'll Never Walk Alone' stems from which musical?
9. Which James Bond theme song that starts with the words "Meeting you" was the only 007 theme song to reach number one in the US charts?
10. The following are the last words to UK number one hit songs from the year 1986. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer: a. I know I'm keeping my baby; b. You better get ready; c. Buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes
11. Who had a top ten hit on both sides of the Atlantic in 1972 with the song 'Back off Boogaloo'?
12. Rod Stewart's hit song 'Sailing' first appeared on which 1975 album?
1. Blue Hawaii (Elvis)
2. Four answers:
a. The Ballad of John and Yoko (Beatles),
b. Lily the Pink (Scaffold),
c. Eleanor Rigby (Beatles),
d. Cathy's Clown (Everly Brothers)
4. Black Coffee (All Saints)
5. The Rolling Stones
6. Concert for Bangladesh (George Harrison & friends)
7. Tommy (The Who's 'rock opera' Tommy)
8. Rogers and Hammerstein's 'Carousel'
9. A View To A Kill (Duran Duran)
10. Three answers:
a. Papa Don't Preach (Madonna);
b. Caravan Of Love (Housemartins);
c. The Chicken Song (Spitting Image)
11. Ringo Starr
12. Atlantic Crossing