1. Who wrote Status Quo's hit song 'Rockin All Over The World'?
2. The following words are from songs with 'Rain' somewhere in the title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. If the rain comes they run and hide their heads
b. I feel it's raining all over the world
c. I never meant to cause you any sorrow
d. Like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
e. Clouds of mystery pourin confusion on the ground
f. The sun is out, the sky is blue, there's not a cloud to spoil the view
3. Jack, Lou, Bill, Mac, Fred, Curl and Clyde are some of the characters mentioned in which 1960s hit song?
4. Which 'Great Soul' was edited from the final version of the album cover Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
5. Who was the first singer to earn a million dollars in the early 20th century?
6. Which musician is known as 'The Godfather of Grunge'?
7. Which Beatles song was about John Lennon's mother? (one word)
8. The following words are from songs with the word 'Red' in the title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. I feel a million dollars when you're just in my hand
b. Carry my loved one home safely to me
c. Ten Twenty Thirty Forty Fifty or more
d. I'm standing at the waters edge in my dream
e. And when you turned to me and smiled it took my breath away
f. And I think it's gonna be alright, yeah the worst is over now
9. Graham Nash was a member of which band before he joined Crosby and Stills?
10. Name the Neil Diamond song that was a hit for each of the following.
a. Urge Overkill
c. Deep Purple
1. John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival
2. Six answers:
a. Rain (The Beatles)
b. Rainy Night In Georgia (Ray Charles)
c. Purple Rain (Prince)
d. Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (B J Thomas)
e. Who'll Stop The Rain (CCR)
f. Raining In My Heart (Buddy Holly)
3. Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport
4. Mahatma Gandhi (Mahatma means 'great soul')
5. Enrico Caruso
6. Neil Young
8. Six answers
a. Red Red Wine (UB40)
b. Red Sails In The Sunset (Bing Crosby)
c. Snoopy Versus The Red Baron (The Royal Guardsmen)
d. Red Rain (Peter Gabriel)
e. Lady In Red (Chris de Burgh)
f. Red Rubber Ball (The Cyrkle, The Seekers, Simon and Garfunkel)
9. The Hollies
10. Four answers
a. Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon
b. The Boat That I Row
c. Kentucky Woman
d. Red Red Wine