Holiday Snaps Quiz 1
The following quiz was submitted by Mark Chapman from the UK. Many thanks Mark, an interesting round.
1. What was the former name of the British Spring Bank Holiday?
2. Which commonwealth country observes Veterans Day as a public holiday?
3. Which series of novels written by Arthur Ransome describe the adventures of children on holiday?
4. Where did Billy Butlin open his first holiday camp in Britain? Was it a) Clacton, b) Scarborough or c) Skegness?
5. What sort of holiday took 10cc to number one in 1978?
6. What is a busman's holiday?
7. What is the official name of the regulations that state an employee's holiday entitlement, as well as hours worked, rate of pay, etc.?
8. Who would be granted a type of holiday called a furlough?
9. When Parliament is away on holiday, what is that period of time known as?
10. What sort of holiday won an academy award for Audrey Hepburn in 1953?
3. Swallows and Amazons
4. c) Skegness
5. Dreadlock Holiday
6. A holiday spent doing what one normally does at work
7. Conditions of Service, or, Conditions of Employment
10. Roman Holiday