The following quiz round was submitted by Kelly Norrington from the UK. Kelly runs the quiz at the Ship PH in East Tilbury Village, Essex. Many thanks Kelly, great job!
The last letter of each answer is the first letter of the following answer:
1. Which planet is closest to earth?
2. What is the main scientific time unit from which all others are calculated?
3. "language that is impossible to understand" is the dictionary definition of which two worded phrase?
4. Which actor won an acadamy award for his performance in The African Queen?
5. What disease used to be known as consumption?
6. Russias first successful satelite blasted off in 1957- What was its name?
7. What is the capital city of Malaysia?
8. What is the better knowm name of the drummer Richard Starkey?
9. What is the name of Hyacinth Buckets long suffering husband?
10. What is the name of a 2d shape with 10 sides?
4. Humphey Bogart
7. Kuala Lumpur
8. Ringo Starr