Boom and Bust Quiz 1
The following quiz was kindly donated by Jay Patrick. Many thanks Jay, great work. Jay would like the website http://www.dragonarttattoo.net mentioned on our site in return for his quiz inclusion.
1. What is the chancellor of the exchequer's official London address?
2. In which continent is the CFA franc a widespread currency?
3. Which area of the economy is the CAP concerned with?
4. What name is given to economic activities which are unrecorded?
5. Which country is the world's largest coffee exporter?
6. Which common market area does CARICOM deal with?
7. What is a group of producers acting together to fix prices called?
8. What position did John Major hold immediately before becoming prime minister in 1990?
9. Which states are referred to as the Visegrad Group or CEFTA states?
10. What does ECU stand for in terms of European Monetary Union?
11. What does ERM stand for?
12. What name is given to the leading Western economic powers?
13. What does GATT stand for?
14. Other than in Denmark where is the Danish krone used?
15. What is a country's GNP?
1. 11 Downing Street
4. Black economy
8. Chancellor of the exchequer
9. Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia
10. European Currency Unit
11. Exchange Rate Mechanism
13. General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade
14. Greenland, Faeroe Islands
15. Gross national product