Pauls Heart Quiz 1
1. What do Lady Greensleeves and Neil Young both have in common ?
2. What is heartsease ?
3. Which song about hearts was written in 1759, the 'year of victories' ? victories included Quebec, Minden and Quiberon Bay
4. The Purple Heart is awarded for which reason ?
5. Which two dimensional character issued this order , "Off with her head" ?
6. Expression for to warm and gratify one's deepest feelings. "To warm ..."
7. How did Norman E. Shumway make medical history:
a. he performed the first successful heart transplant
b. he was the recipient of the first successful heart transplant.?
8. Complete this famous line from Stephan Vincet Benet.
"Bury my ...."
9. ........ breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops, and leaves you to face the fall alone."
A. Bartlett Giamatti.
What is he talking about ?
10. The little cozy nest of Hearts Content was a town in a country that existed until 1949, now it's part of a large 'village'. Where is Hearts Content ?
1. Heart of Gold. "Greensleeves was my heart of gold, And who but Lady Greensleeves" "I crossed the ocean for a heart of gold"
2. A flower. Viola Tricolour or love-in idleness, kiss-me-quick or pansy.
3. Heart of Oak. "Heart of oak are our ships, Heart of oak are our men"
4. For wounds received by enemy action while on active service.
5. Queen of Hearts in Alices' Adventures in Wonderland.
6. "... the cockles of ones heart"
7. a. Shumway performed the first successful transplant, albeit, in a dog in 1958.
8. "... heart at Wounded Knee"
9. Baseball. The Green Fields of the Mind. 1977.
10. Newfoundland, Canada. Newfoundland joined Canada in 1949. Canada is a name derived from the Huron Iroquois Kanata, meaning village or settlement.