Pauls Love Quiz 1
1. What used to be called the apple of love or love apple ?
2. What are the next five words to this song ? "Electricity starts to flow, And my indicator starts to glow, I, I, ....."
3. Love-in-a-mist, Love-in-idleness, and Love-lies-bleeding are all examples of what ?
4. Elaborately carved what were given to a lady by a lover in 18th century Wales ?
a. love spoons
b. love knives
c. love forks
d. love handles
5. 'Love that dare not speak its name' is/was a poetic reference to what ?
6. Once upon a time, what was an early Christian agape ?
7. Who wrote the following ?
a. If music be the food of love, play on.
b. How do I love thee, let me count the ways
c. Alls' fair in love and war
8. Who sang to Pussy "O lovely Pussy ! O Pussy, my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are !"
9. Complete the following. "When poverty comes in at the door,......"
10. Two African parrots of the genus Agapornis are better known as ....
1. the tomato
2. "I'm just a love machine" The Miracles
3. Flowers. Love-in-a-mist (Nigella Damascena), Love-in-idleness (Viola Tricolour or 'wild pansy'), Love-lies-bleeding (Red Amaranth)
4. a. love spoons
6. A love feast (supper).
7. Three Answers:
a. William Shakespeare
b. Elizabeth Barret Browning
c. Francis Edward Smedley
8. The Owl in Edward Lear's The Owl and the Pussycat. The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea
In a beautiful pea-green boat,
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
"O lovely Pussy! O Pussy, my love,
What a beautiful Pussy you are, you are, you are,
What a beautiful Pussy you are."
9. "love flies out the window"
10. Love Birds