1. In Roman mythology who forged the lightning bolts thrown by Jupiter?
2. Name the five VW cars named after winds or currents.
3. What are the first 4 words to the song 'In the ghetto'?
4. In which direction does a katabatic wind blow?
5. What are the regions called either side of the equator where air pressure is low and the winds are light or non existant?
6. Describe the weather on Mars in the song 'Rocket Man'?
7. What is the meteorological term for the horizontal transport of air?
8. In the Robert W Service poem 'The cremation of Sam McGee', Sam was always so cold in the Arctic he asked his pal to cremate him when he died. Beside which lake was his wish fulfilled?
9. What was the name of the radical left wing US terrorist organisation that declared war on the US government in 1970?
10. Which song title is a concerned mothers dietary winter warning to her son? Five words
2. Bora, Scirocco, Passat, Jetta (Jet Stream) and Golf (German for gulf, ie, Gulf Stream)
3. "As the snow flies"
6. It's cold as hell. "Mars aint the kind of place to raise your kids, in fact it's cold as hell"
8. Lake Lebarge. "The Northern Lights have seen queer sights but the queerest they ever did see was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge I cremated Sam McGee"
10. Don't eat the yellow snow (Frank Zappa)