Pauls Numbers Quiz 1
Choose the appropriate number, given the following clues.
1. Liz Taylors marriages
2. Digits on Homer Simpsons hand
3. Bits in a Byte
4. Men who have walked on the moon
5. Number on shirt (choose three)
a: Maradona when playing hand ball
b: Malinga when playing one day cricket
c: Wayne Gretzky
d: Lance Armstrong in yellow
e: Gert Müller playing for Germany
f: Bobby Hull
g: Jona Lumo
6. Herbie the love bug
7. Add all the numbers in Brad Pitt films
8. How many balls (in song)
9. Miles per hour the Delorean must reach in Back to the Future before it can travel through time
10. "Summers" old was Kevin Barry
11. Number of the Enterprise in Star Trek
12.Year in the song "Irish Rover"
13. Number of Scaramanga's nipples
14. Digits on Scottys' both hands in Star Trek
15. Hills in Rome
16. Dead drummers in the band Spinal Tap
17. Number on a bottle of eau de Cologne
18. Damien Thorpe
19. Maxwell Smart
20. Battle of New Orleans ( year in song )
5. Seven Answers:
d: 0 "Hitler has only got one ball" refers to the many variations on a set of lyrics to the popular "Colonel Bogey March". These are four-line lyrics making fun of the Nazi leaders.
Hitler has only got one ball,
Göring has two but very small,
Himmler is somewhat sim'lar,
But poor old Goebbels has no balls at all.
10. 18 Kevin Barry is remembered in a well-known song about his imprisonment and execution, written shortly after his death and still sung today. The tune to "Kevin Barry" was taken from "Rolling Home to Dear Old Ireland".
In Mountjoy jail one Monday morning
High upon the gallows tree
Kevin Barry gave his young life
For the cause of liberty
Just a lad of eighteen summers
Yet there's no one can deny
As he walked to death that morning
He proudly held his head on high.
Shoot me like an Irish soldier,
Do not hang me like a dog;
For I fought for Ireland's freedom
On that dark September morn,
All around that little bakery,
Where we fought them hand to hand.
Shoot me like an Irish soldier
For I fought to free Ireland...
16. 4 (possibly 5 or 6)
John stumpy Pepys (gardening accident)
Eric stumpy joe Childs (choked on someone elses vomit)
Peter james Bond (spontaneous combustion)
Mick Shrimpton(onstage explosion)
Joe mama Besser (missing, presumed dead)
Richard Shrimpton (No one has any idea what happened to him).
and the beat goes on.