1. With the aid of a civets digestive tract, Kopi Luwak sells for anything between 120 and 600 US dollars per pound making it the most expensive what in the world?
2. We all know that a diamond is the hardest 'precious stone'. Which gem is the second hardest?
3. The Count of Monte Christo was in love with
4. What is the only country that exists today that Gulliver visited?
5. The Palio in Siena Italy is the oldest competition of its kind in the world. What kind of competition is it?
6. On which countries flag would one find all four seasons and wind directions?
7. ENIAC was the first what?
8. In biology which word means 'living together'?
9. In which country did an estimated 20,000,000 die of starvation between 1969 and 1970?
10. What was the name of Jurij Gagarin's space capsule?
a. Sojus II
c. Sputnik II
d. Vostok I
a. How many pockets does a snooker table have?
b. How many psalms are there in the book of Psalms?
c. According to the narrative poem by Tennyson how many horseman took part in the Charge of the Light Brigade?
d. How many cards are there in a tarot pack?
e. How many lines does a sonnet have?
f. Add all the numbers from the previous five questions and what total do you get?
12. In Robin and Marion, the 1976 film, Sean Connery played Robin, who played Marion?
13. Which woman partnered Owen Davidson to four Wimbledon Mixed Doubles Tennis Championships in the 60s and 70s?
14. Reading from left to right and from top to bottom what does the following sequence represent Blue, Black, Red Yellow and Green?
15. "Planet earth is blue and there's nothing I can do" is a line from which hit song?
16. Which former actress, under her married name 'Black' served as US Ambassador to Ghana in the 1970s?
17. Which former musical film star appeared in Dallas as Clayton Farlowe?
18. Which single by Wings was the first to sell over two million copies?
19. What is the name of the substance used as a setting agent in some jams and marmalades? Six letters.
20. Much of the film "The man with the golden gun" is shot around Phang Nga Bay, in which country?
21. Bobs your uncle:
a. Which Bob wrote Starship Troopers?
b. In what way does sweet/candy company Trebor commemorate the founders son?
c. Which Bob starred in the movie "Chaplin"?
d. Which Bob was a famous 19th Century poet, who married Elizabeth Barret?
e. Which Bob starred in Hart to Hart?
22. What in 1781 became the first new planet to be discovered since the ancient times?
23. In 1978, how many different Popes were there?
3. a. Mercedes.
5. A horse race.
6. South Korea.
7. Digital computer. Electronic Numerical Integrator And Calculator.
10. d. Vostock I.
11. a. 6, b. 150, c. 600, d. 78, e. 14, f. 848.
12. Audrey Hepburn.
13. Billie Jean King.
14. The Olympic Rings.
15. Space Oddity (David Bowie).
16. Shirley Temple.
17. Howard Keel.
18. Mull of Kintyre.
21. a. Robert A Heinlein, b. ROBERT spelt backwards, c. Robert Downey Junior, d. Robert Browning, e. Robert Wagner.
23. 3 (Paul VI, John Paul I, John Paul II).