1. Worldwide, what were the top three Google Search queries of 2012? One point for each correct answer. (note: all names or events are associated with the year 2012)
2. 2012 saw Coca-cola being sold again in which Asian country for the first time in 60 years?
3. Which man won the Golden Raspberry Award in April 2012 for both worst actor and worst actress?
4. Ravi Shankar passed away (or was reborn) in December 2012. George Harrison once called him "The Godfather" of what?
a. Indian Pop b. Meditation c. World Music d. Psychedelic
5. On 17 August 2012, who made headlines around the world after being found guilty of the crime "hooliganism motivated by religious hatred"?
6. In which country did a power grid failure in July leave more than 670 million without electricity?
7. In which sport were eight female athletes disqualified at the 2012 Summer Olympic Games for "not using one's best efforts to win a match"?
8. What is the name of the artist behind the record breaking single Gangnam Style?
9. March 13 2012: 244 years after its first publication, which informative publication discontinued its print edition?
10. Which ATP tennis record did the Australian Samuel Groth break in May 2012?
11. In which country were six scientists convicted of manslaughter in October for failing to predict an earthquake?
12. On 5 February 2012, what became the most watched program in American TV history with 111.3 million viewers?
13. Which film maker became the first solo diver to visit Challenger Deep, the deepest point on Earth?
14. Jamesetta Hawkins, who died on January 20th 2012, was an American singer better known under which stage name?
15. Which Disney film made a staggering 200 million dollar loss at the box office in 2012?
16. In the Mayan Long Count calendar the date 18.104.22.168.0 correlates to which date in the Gregorian calendar?
17. Name two of the top five highest earning athletes of 2012. (according to Forbes magazine)
18. Which fashion designer, daughter of a famous musician, designed Team GB's kit for the 2012 Summer Olympics?
19. Which athlete now has more medals than any other Olympian?
20. Plus or minus 19 seconds, how many minutes was Felix Baumgartner in the air during his record breaking jump from 39,045 metres?
1. In order: Whitney Houston, Gangnam Style, Hurricane Sandy.
3. Adam Sandler
4. Answer c. The Godfather of World Music
5. Pussy Riot
9. The Encyclopædia Britannica
10. Fastest serve. (he was clocked at 263 km/hr)
12. The Super Bowl
13. James Cameron
14. Etta James
15. John Carter
16. December 21 2012
17. In order: Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquao, Tiger Woods, Lebron James, Roger Federer.
18. Stella McCartney
19. Michael Phelps
20. Four min, 19 sec