QuizMiz Quiz 14
1. How many children did Cleopatra have?
2. Founded in 1975 as the G6 (Group of Six), which two countries joined in 1976 and 1998 respectively to form the G7 and G8? (1 point per correct answer)
3. If you're on a boat called "Maid of the Mist" you're looking at which natural spectacle?
4. Which ocean covers approx. one third of the earth's surface?
5. True or False: Esther Williams was a member of the US Olympic swim team?
6. In what year did Michael Schumacher make his Formula One "debut" (+/- 5 years)? (BQ: with which team?)
7. One of the biggest and most influential hacker organisations was founded in Berlin on 12th September 1981. What is its name?
8. Which entertainment magazine is the oldest:
a) rolling Stone, b) Entertainment weekly, c) Variety, or d) Billboard?
9. On 30th June 30, French acrobat Jean Francois Gravelet became the first person to successfully do what?
10. According to Peter Gabriel's song, which of the following kids does NOT play "Games without Frontiers":
a) Lotte, b) Ivan, c) Jane, d) Suki, e) Andre, f) Chiang Ching, or g) Adolf?
11. How much does the FIFA World Cup trophy weigh? (+/- 500g)
12. Which chemical element is used for disinfecting water in swimming pools?
13. Which song starts with the lines "Buddy you're a boy, make a big noise, playing in the street, gonna be a big man some day.."?
14. Who wrote the novel "The Lady of the Camelias"?
15. Which German magazine published the controversial article "Ich habe abgetrieben" ("I've had an abortion") in 1971?
16. Avocados grow on
a) trees, b) bushes, c) on the ground or d) underground?
17. Does a cow rise front legs or hind legs first?
18. Which "Spice" was Melanie "Mel C" Chisholm?
19. Which ice hockey player, nicknamed "The Great One", has been called "the greatest hockey player ever" by sportswriters, coaches, and fans?
20. How long was the famous "Route 66" from Chicago to Los Angeles? (+/- 500km)
1. 4 (3 by Marc Antony, 1 by Caesar)
2. 1976 Canada, 1998 Russia
3. Niagara Falls
6. 1991 (Jordan-Ford)
7. Chaos Computer Club (CCC)
8. d) Billboard (1894)
9. cross the Niagra Falls on a tightrope
10. b) Ivan
11. 6.175 kg
13. We Will Rock You
14. Alexandre Dumas jr
16. a) trees
17. hind legs first
18. Sporty Spice
19. Wayne Gretzly
20. 3,939.67 km