1. Which Inca emperor was executed by Spanish conquistadores on 29th August 1533?
2. The Sunda Strait is the strait between which two Indonesian islands? (1 point per correct answer)
3. Tennis champion Andy Roddick holds the world record for the fastest serve ever. How fast was the ball? (+/-25 km/h)
4. Which plant did Gregor Mendel, the "father of genetics", use in his experiments:
a) pea, b) bean, c) potato or d) corn?
5. What is the chemical symbol for the element Platinum?
6. On 28 August 1898, the name of "Brad's Drink", invented by pharmacist Caleb Bradham, was changed to what?
7. If you were given a Lei in Hawaii, you'd most likely
a) wear it, b) drink it, c) play on it or d) pay with it?
8. The oldest city marathon is the
a) Berlin, b) Boston, c) London or d) New York Marathon?
9. On what continent would you find the Republic of Mauritania?
10. In what century did the Hundred Years' War start?
2. Java, Sumatra
3. 246.2 km/h (155mph)
4. a) pea
6. Pepsi Cola
7. a) wear it (flower wreath)
8. d) New York Marathon
10. 14th century