Pauls Science and Nature Quiz 1
1. Toothed and Baleen are both examples of what?
2. The slogan for which famous website is 'We Open Governments'?
3. The scientific name for which animal is 'Ursus arctos horribilis'?
a. Grizzly bear
b. Great White shark
c. Grey wolf
d. Killer whale
4. Plus or minus 30 minutes, what was the Concorde's record time from New York to London?
5. What was the name of the German engineer who invented the first rotary engine?
6. What name was given to the 3.2 million year old Australopithecus afarensis bones found in Ethiopia in 1974?
7. The scientific name for which well known extinct creature means 'rapid thief' when translated?
8. The scientific name for which animal means 'one who walks swiftly, a camel marked like a leopard'?
9. The Millennium Star, The Centenary, The Red Cross and The Incomparable are all examples of what?
10. In which 'body of water' are the Islets of Langerhans found?
3. a. Grizzly bear
4. 2 hours. 55 minutes. 15 seconds.
5. Wankel (the Wankel Rotary engine)
8. Giraffe (Giraffa Camelopardalis)
9. Diamonds. Some of the largest diamonds in the world.
10. In the human body. (pancreas)