The following quiz round was submitted by Michael Garthwaite from the UK. Michael runs a sports quiz every sunday at his local cricket club. Many thanks Michael, great job!
1. What is the highest score a judge can award in Figure skating?
2. In 1988 who became the first boxer to have won world championships in five different weight categories?
3. Which piece of sporting equipment is 3 inches in diameter and weighs 6 ounces?
4. In which city is the Maracana stadium?
5. Who has played international football and cricket for Scotland?
6. What sport is played by the Minnesota Twins?
7. At what sport did Scotland become world champions in 2005
8. At which Test cricket ground could you bowl from the Radcliffe Road end?
9. Which two teams compete in the Turin derby?
10. From which club did Newcastle sign Jermaine Jenas?
11. Which boxer was found Not Guilty of the attempted murder of Frank Warren?
12. What sport would you be watching at Flinders Park?
13. Boca Juniors are from which South American country?
14. In 1981, Susan Brown was the first female competitor in which sporting event?
15. Which boxer was nicknamed ?The Real Deal??
16. How many laps are there in a single race at a speedway meeting?
17. In Judo, the Black belt is the highest, what colour is the second highest?
18. Who is the only man to have played in an F.A. Cup final in the 1970?s, 80?s and 90?s?
19. How many consecutive shots does it take to score a 147 break in snooker?
20. Which was the first Asian country to hold a F1 Grand Prix?
21. Who is the only man to captain England whilst playing 3rd. Division football?
1. Six (see comment below)
2. Sugar Ray Leonard
3. An ice hockey puck
4. Rio de Janerio
5. Andy Goram
7. Elephant Polo
8. Trent Bridge
9. Juventus and Torino
10. Notts Forest
11. Terry Marsh
14. The Boat Race
15. Evander Holyfield
18. David O'Leary 78,79,80 and 93
21. Ian Botham