Cricket Quiz 5
The following quiz was kindly donated by Jay Patrick. Many thanks Jay, great work. Jay would like the website http://www.dragonarttattoo.net mentioned on our site in return for his quiz inclusion.
1. Which three counties did Ian Botham play for?
2. Which country do Donald, McMillan and Cronje play for?
3. What was the result of the 1995-96 Test series between South Africa and England?
4. What does the abbreviation 'st' stand for?
5. Who was the first batsman to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket?
6. The Oval is the home of which county?
7. Which county did Jack Hobbs play for?
8. Who won the county championships in every season from 1951 to 1958?
9. Who did Ray Illingworth replace as England's chairman of selectors?
10. At which ground did Malcolm take nine wickets in a 1994 Test innings?
11. Garner and Roberts were pacemen for which international team?
12. How many stumps are there on a set of wickets?
13. Which batsman's nickname was 'The Barnacle'?
14. Who was West Indian captain before Richie Richardson?
15. Which West Indian player turned out for Antigua in the 1978 World Cup?
16. Which England captain was the first Test outfielder to take 100 catches?
17. Which English county has Brian Lara played for?
18. In which country was England batsman Paul Terry born ?
19. Which term describes a ball bowled out of the striker's reach?
20. Which all-rounder took 100 wickets and scored 1000 runs in 16 seasons between 1903 and 1926?
21. Can a Test Match end in a tie?
22. Which county have won the championship most times?
23. Which county side did Fred Trueman play most of his cricket for?
24. Which two counties did Dickie Bird play for?
25. In which country do Sheffield Shield games take place?
26. Which international teams contest The Ashes?
27. In LBW what does the B stand for?
28. Which cricket commentator on radio was known as 'Johnners'?
29. In scoring, what does c & b stand for?
30. Which bowler Dominic took a Test hat-trick in 1995?
1. Somerset, Worcestershire and Durham
2. South Africa
3. South Africa won 1-0
5. Sunil Gavaskar
9. Ted Dexter
10. The Oval
11. The West Indies
13. Trevor Bailey
14. Viv Richards
15. Viv Richards
16. Wally Hammond
18. West Germany
20. Wilfred Rhodes
24. Yorkshire and Leicestershire
26. Australia and England
28. Brian Johnson
29. Caught and bowled