1. Where was the Derby held during the two World Wars?
2. Which course celebrated 100 years of racing in July 1987?
3. Which European flat race is run annually on the first Sunday in October?
4. Which gossip columnist was owner of My Purple Prose?
5. Which Grand National winner of the 80s was named after a lighthouse?
6. Which horse gave Lester Piggott his first Royal Ascot winner?
7. Which horse was the first to win both the Derby and the St Leger?
8. Which horse, in 1977, became the first to win the Mackeson and Hennessy in the same season?
9. Which is the oldest British flat classic race?
10. Which jockey had most Classic wins before Lester Piggott?
11. Which jockey riding Shergar in 1981 won in his first Derby ride?
12. Which jockey won the 1970 St Leger on Nijinsky?
13. Which jockey won the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe from 1985 to 1987 on three different horses?
14. Which race came first, the 1000 Guineas or 2000 Guineas?
15. Which race is known as 'The Publicans' Derby'?
16. Which trainer, who died in 1983 aged 95, saddled 13 Classic winners?
17. Which trainer's autobiography was called 'The Glorious Uncertainty'?
18. Which was the first horse to win two Grand Nationals?
19. Which was the first racecourse equipped with a photo-finish camera?
20. Who is the St Leger named after?
21. Who owned triple Grand National winner Red Rum?
22. Who rode Henbit, Nashwan and Erhaab to Derby victories?
23. Who was the first jockey to win both the Epsom and Kentucky Derbies?
24. Who was the first National Hunt jockey to ride more than 1,000 winners in Britain?
25. Who was the first trainer to turn out winners of more than £1 million in one flat racing season in Britain in 1985?
26. Who was the first woman to ride a winner over fences in Britain?
27. Who was the first woman to ride in the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1984?
28. Who was the first woman to ride in the Grand National in 1977?
29. Who won the flat racing jockeys' championship 26 times?
30. Why was the 1955 Royal Ascot meeting postponed for a month?
3. The Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
4. Nigel Dempster
6. Malka's Boy
8. Bachelor's Hall
9. St Leger
10. Frank Buckle
11. Walter Swinburn
12. Lester Piggott
13. Pat Eddery
14. 2000 Guineas
15. Epsom's Great Metropolitan
16. Cecil Boyd-Rochfort
17. Jenny Pitman
20. Lt Col Anthony St Leger
21. Noel Le Mare
22. Willie Carson
23. Steve Cauthen
24. Stan Mellor
25. Henry Cecil
26. Jane Thorne
27. Linda Sheedy
28. Charlotte Brew
29. Sir Gordon Richards
30. Because of a railway strike