Pauls Sports Quiz 4
1. Who was the only heavyweight champion to finish his boxing career with a perfect record? (49 wins-0 defeats)
2. Goleo, Spheriks, Ciao, Naranjito and Tip & Tap were all examples of what?
3. Which national team introduced 'Total Football' at the 1974 FIFA World Cup in Germany?
4. Which Dutch footballer earned the nickname 'Llama' after spitting on the West German striker Rudi Völler during a 1990 FIFA World Cup game?
5. Which Cameroonian footballer is the only African to have played in four FIFA World Cups?
a. Nwankwo Kanu
b. Roger Milla
c. Aaron Mokoena
d. Rigobert Song
6. Which kind of ball follows the US President everywhere he goes?
7. In 2011, a Formula 1 race will be/was held in which country for the first time?
8. Which male tennis player lost a record 4 US Open singles finals in 1976, 1978, 1980 and 1981?
9. Which three lefties have won the most Grand Slam singles titles in mens tennis?
10. The fastest serve in mens tennis (155 mph or 249.5 km/h) belongs to which man?
11. Based on the number of Major Championships won (Masters, U.S. Open, The Open, PGA), who is the most successful golfer ever from outside the United States?
1. Rocky Marciano
2. Football World Cup mascots
4. Frank Rijkaard
5. d. Rigobert Song
6. 'The Football' or 'The Nuclear Football'. (a black briefcase containing the nuclear launch codes)
7. a. India (Jaypee Group Circuit)
8. Bjorn Borg
9. Rod Laver (11), Jimmy Connors (8), Raphael Nadal (8).
10. Ivan Karlovic or Samuel Groth (see comments below)
11. Gary Player