1. Which club was the first English football (soccer) league club to install an artificial pitch, which later proved largely unpopular with visiting sides and in 1988 it was replaced again with turf?
2. Foil, ?p?e, and sabre are all used in which sport?
3. Biathlon (not to be confused with duathlon) is a term used to describe any sporting event made up of two disciplines. Which two sport disciplines make up the winter sport version of the Biathlon?
4. In which sport can you sometimes find a Nightwatchman?
5. Which sport is played by the Redskins, the Packers and the Vikings?
6. In which sport does the world championship have three classes - open, standard and 15 metres?
7. Which year had Stephen hendry winning the world snooker championship for fourth year running and Jonathan Edwards breaking the world triple jump record?
8. Which boxer was the first black man to win the 'heavyweight boxing championship of the world'?
9. Which popular sport involves the players throwing stones at houses?
10. Which sport does one associate with the "Cresta Run"?
11. What Czechoslovakian tennis star defected to the US in 1975?
12. What country hosted the 1978 Soccer World Cup?
13. What soccer club holds the record for consecutive European Cup wins?
14. What Australian city hosted the 1956 Summer Olympics?
15. What footballing personality introduced the Hooked TV fishing series?
16. Who was England?s European footballer of the year after Bobby Charlton?
17. What wrestlers real name is Shirley Crabtree?
18. Does tennis service begin in the left or right court?
19. Who stole the show in Gymnastics at the Montreal Olympics?
20. How many holes are there in a tenpin bowling ball?
1. Queens Park Rangers
3. Cross-country skiing and rifle shooting
4. Cricket, a nightwatchman is a lower-order batsman who comes in to bat higher up the order than usual near the end of the day's play. This batsman's job is to maintain most of the strike until the close of play (remaining in overnight, hence the name) and so protect other, more capable batsmen from being out cheaply in what may be a period of tiredness or in poor light.
5. American football - in particular, these teams are members of the so-called National Football Conference.
8. Jack Johnson in 1908
10. Sledding (tobogganing in British parlance)
11. Martina Navratilova
13. Real Madrid
15. Jackie Charlton
16. Kevin Keegan
17. Big Daddy
18. The Right
19. Nadia Comanececi